Monday, March 28, 2011

SOME KINSHASA STORE FRONTS





While traveling the city Saturday, we saw some cool shops and stuff. Suzanne was snapping pictures out of the window.
OK, we were not exactly traveling the city, we were dead lost. We were on our way to church, but streets were closed and detours were required. Now, being a) me, and b) at typical male, I thought I could find my way back. Finally, even I gave up and admitted that we were lost. Not only lost, but had no way of telling anyone where we were. Suzanne said, "Let's pray." We offered a prayer. I was struck immediately with the thought, "Call Alfred." Alfred is the Country Coordinator for Seminaries and Institutes and he was conducting the meeting to which we were heading. I called him, he said, "Oh, I know where you are, I am just minutes away from you, on my way to the Church. Stay there and I will come and lead you to the church." We are thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord.

From top to bottom. 1. Cart Guy: The beginnings of recycling in Kinshasa. Suzanne described these hard working cart pushers who move all kinds of goods and debris around the city.
2. Traffic Jam and Street Vendors - this guy is selling bottled water. We think the water comes from the river or other such place. NEVER BUY THIS GUYS WATER. 3. 4. 5. are various store fronts along the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment